Understanding Statistical Process Control
Authors: Donald J. Wheeler, David Chambers
Some of the unique material in this landmark text includes:
Publisher: SPC Press, 3rd Edition (April 2011)
This internationally acclaimed textbook (often called the blue book) is widely used for teaching SPC and Continual Improvement techniques to those who work in manufacturing and process industries.
Wheeler and Chambers distilled over 60 years of practical experience into this book. W. Edwards Deming wrote in his foreword, "It is fitting to add my deep appreciation for the mathematical achievements of Dr. Wheeler. His understanding of theory, and its application, is guided by mathematical knowledge."
- How Charts Signal Inadequate Measurement Discrimination
- How to Use Count Data Effectively
- What if the Measurements Are Not Normally Distributed
- The Right Way to Assess Process Capability
- How to Use the Charts with Chemical Batches
- The Right Way to Compute Limits for the Charts
- Principles of Rational Subgrouping
- World-Class Quality and the Taguchi Loss Function
406 pages. Soft Cover. 70 Examples, 49 tables, 37 exercises with answers