This course emphasizes the graphical features of Grapad PRISM.
This course does not focus on any statistical details, only a few
simple descriptive statistics (average, standard deviation,
standard error) will be calculated using Graphpad Prism. This
course is also used as an introduction of Graphpad Prism, thus
other, more statistical, courses will built on it.
Software and Course material are especially focusing the needs in
- PRISM Basics
- PRISM User Interface
- Projekttypen und Willkommensdialog
- Objects inside Projects
- Data handling in PRISM
- Five project types and their data table format
- Data entry and decimal formats
- Data import and Copy / Paste
- Creating descriptive statistics in a separate table
- Creation and Design of Graphs
- Which Graph when? Analysis Graphs or "nice" Graphs?
- Graphical design guidelines
- Which Graph belongs to which type of project?
- XY Projects: Scatter and Line charts, Area under the
- Column Projects: Scatter Dot Plot, Bar Graph,
- Grouped Projects: Bar Graphs (grouped and stacked)
- Graphs for dependent samples (before-after-Graph and
Repeated Measure Graph)
- Contingency Projekte: Balkendiagramme oder sind
- Survival Projects: Kaplan-Meier-Survival Graph
- Visualisiation of variation in Graphs
- Error bars, Confidence interval and Confidence bands
- When to use Standard deviation (SD), Standarderror of
mean (SEM) or a Confidence interval (95 % CI)?
- Design and appearance of Graphs
- Format Graph and Format Axes
- Symbols and Linies
- Using colors and Color Schemes
- Documentation of results and exporting
- Combine graphs and tables in Layouts
- Exporting Graphs and Layouts as files or Powerpoint or
Who should attend?
This course is for all users of Graphpad PRISM. It is an
introduction to Graphpad PRISM and thus explains the basic
concepts. The only prerequisite is that users have good knowledge
of their operating system (Windows or Mac).
Bar graph with 2 factors